AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I need your help desperately. I cant for the life of me figure out if I am placing my seats correctly in my HT. I have attached a rudimentary drawing for review. I have 2 rows of Coaster seats(133 W X 66D fully reclined). The width is no problem what Im concerned about is the placement of the seats and how close it would seem they are going to come to the bar(approx 18"). Do I have this set up right? The diagonal lines are the 9" riser. Thanks!!

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
You're right. It's way too close to the bar. Makes that section of the bar unusable. Can you move the bar over to the right (facing the screen) side of the riser? Use the alcove for equipment. Might also want to move all the seats back a bit.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the rough in for the wet bar is in the little alcove which I guess I didnt represent in the drawing so despite that being a good idea it wouldnt work in this application. The real question is am I configuring this correctly? That way I'll know and can possibly devise an alternative plan.

·
Registered
24,894 Posts
Honestly, I'd rethink the back of the room right now. You do not have enough room for the bar as is IMO. You could still have storage for drinks and a sink there and move the bar counter over. The alcove could have nice cabinets with access between there and the counter. I just think that with that design you are reaching and when done you will be unhappy. It simply is non functional both for access and use of the bar itself.

Art

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish I had the seats in hand and then all this could be solved. Temporarily I have the bar to the right as suggested, but Im not really thrilled about the setup, but it does give me the needed room. Hopefully my seats will get out this week and I can get them down in the basement to do some real time designing....lookng for other suggestions or for someone to tell me what I have will work fine :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.