AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moved to new condo recently. Looking to purchase my first LCD HD tv. Want 52" with 1080p (ps3 and blu ray). Browsed through individual threads and have huge headache. What do you folks recommend-prefer no banding, pixelating, humming tv. Prefer to keep it in the 3000 dollar range or less.

Thanks in advance

Charlie

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey, check out the samsung 52inch 71F. Get it on amazon because I think it's on sale for $2,799 with free shipping. A great tv that boosts both 1080p and 120hz. Can't go wrong with samsung and especially for that price.

Let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliekboston /forum/post/12883964

Moved to new condo recently. Looking to purchase my first LCD HD tv. Want 52" with 1080p (ps3 and blu ray). Browsed through individual threads and have huge headache. What do you folks recommend-prefer no banding, pixelating, humming tv. Prefer to keep it in the 3000 dollar range or less.

Thanks in advance

Charlie

You might check out the new LG opus 52 LBX. Even though there's not a whole lot of information out there, there has been no negative issues so far.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=922162

·
Registered
1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwu /forum/post/12884053

Hey, check out the samsung 52inch 71F. Get it on amazon because I think it's on sale for $2,799 with free shipping. A great tv that boosts both 1080p and 120hz. Can't go wrong with samsung and especially for that price.

Let me know how it goes.

QFT. For your size, features and price, I would highly recommend the Samsung 71 series. I have the 46" and absolutely love it.

·
Registered
510 Posts
If you don't mind waiting a month or so, the Samsung 6 series LCDs are coming in March. They have 4 HDMI inputs and most likely better 120 Hz processing. The 71F was almost the first of its kind, so just think how much better the 6 series will be. It will fix all the problems in the 71F and have even better functionality.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothXR /forum/post/12885325

If you don't mind waiting a month or so, the Samsung 6 series LCDs are coming in March. They have 4 HDMI inputs and most likely better 120 Hz processing. The 71F was almost the first of its kind, so just think how much better the 6 series will be. It will fix all the problems in the 71F and have even better functionality.

What are the problems of the 71f?

·
Registered
510 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliekboston /forum/post/12885340

What are the problems of the 71f?

Triple Ball Effect when the 120 Hz is on, and some judder with certain devices. Also, everyone has always been saying that LCDs are coming closer to plasmas in term of PQ. LCDs didn't quite pass plasmas this generation, but there is a possibility that these new gen LCDs will give plasmas a run for their money in terms of blacks and picture quality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts