Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mit. 1600

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 10x10 room (haha I know) and I have the option of a Optoma HD65, HD71 or Mit. 1600. Which one would you get and why? Keep in mind this is primarily for blu-ray and xbox360. I have window blinds but light still comes in, so i might only use it at night. (i have a 42" plasma right now in there so watching t.v. isnt a big deal).

·
Registered
163 Posts
I voted for the HD65 as it has the best out of the box colours, it is small (for the small room), has a faster colour wheel than the HC1600, and is cheaper than the HD71.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I too voted for the HD65. The small size is an important consideration. Although you've only listed DLPs, there are some mainstream LCDs that would look like a refrigerator mounted on you ceiling. In a room that small, make sure the projector "fits" in it. Use the calculator on ProjectorCentral.com to be certain.

Jim

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well price is not the issue, its just that these are the ones available at my work. Plus, the I could care less about the physical size of the projector as this pathetically sized room is not permanant. So....if price and size was not the issue, which of the three (if you changed your mind).

·
Registered
329 Posts
If your not suceptible to RBE go with the Hc1600.. Yes it won't have the best out of the box config but that's where this place comes in. Also with the current offers they have its the best deal out right now!

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Actually size of the PJ is somewhat important because it can reduce the amount of throw distance you have.

At 9 feet from the lens to the screen, the Sharp DT-510 will give you up to a 90" diagonal image but the HD65 will only give you up to an 80" diagonal image.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I second the call for the Sharp DT-510. I got one back in November to replace my Toshiba PJ-TX100 (stupid blue panel creep started), and I've been thrilled with it. Great picture from both my Xbox 360 and HDMI output from my cable box and upconverting DVD player. My only complaint is the lack of lens shift (a feature my PJ-TX100 had), which made it a little more annoying to mount to the ceiling and get the picture without any keystone issues.

But getting it for less than 4-five-O bux (after free shipping and the MS Live Search cashback deal), I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I havent had one complaint with my hd65 yet... But without testing or seeing the competition it wouldnt be fair to say its better than the others...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts