AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 30pw8502 with some slight vertical geometry problems. Especially noticeable on AV4 (HDMI) input. I am able to access the service menu by entering the following key sequence (0-6-2-5-9-6-STATUS/EXIT )on the remote control. I am using my Zenith DVB318 to display a crosshatch pattern from DVE through the HDMI port. I can easily align the vertical crosshatch but cannot get the settings to "stick". I must be exiting the SAM menu incorrectly. (put tv in standby with the power switch) Got the access and exit procedure from a manual for the 30pw850h.

Any help on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I figured out in order to store the settings on that model you need to go down almost to the bottom of the service menu and there is an option that says STORE? and you press over and it will say STORED for a few seconds and while it is saving your settings. After you have done that then you just power off the set and power it back on again and your setting should be saved. Now i just need someone to point me in the direction of some pre-optimized settings for my 34PW8502 set.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I found STORE on the menu tree the other day. I finally have some good looking geometry on that set.

I'll let you know if I come across any optimized settings.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hey Nonnie, Any idea where i could find a list of what those abbreviations in the service menu mean? o and by the way i think i had my fisrt official heart attack tonight. Playing around in the service menu tonight (Due to the fact that i can never leave well enough alone) i decided to enable W16:9 and W4:3 just to see what would happen. Well it turns out it totally screwed up the tv and gave me a 16:9 compression mode instead of my screen size options i got the biggerst sinking feeling in my stomach ever when i changed them back to off and then the tv stayed the same. During my panic attack to try and find a solution the tv turned itself off and then back on and the settings were back to normal THANK GOD! well....i just thought i would share

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Look for posts from a guy named Ryan Dunn. (I think screen name is oryan_dunn) Do a search under Philips service manual or service menu. He had one post where he laid out all the settings on his set (30pw850h similar to mine) and he seems to be quite knowledeable. You can probabsly PM him with any questions you may have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.