AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Im trying to set up a 2.1 Set up.

I pulled out my old Onkyo amp, and my old Jamo bookshelf speakers.

The model of the Jamo speaker are ALTO SAT 180 (can't find any information of them), but the specs on the back of them are

Power:

Long term: 60W

Short term: 50W

Ohm 8.

It comes with a matching Sub (Jamo ALTO SW 180). Problem is, for the sub to work, you connect the speakers through the sub and then the sub to the receiver into the left and right speaker plugs. It's not a seperate sub where you plug into the 'sub' at the back of the amp What kind of set up is this?

Should I run them via the sub? At the moment, I'm just running the 2 speakers without the subs.

I'v been thinking of ditching the sub, and using the 2 bookshelf speakers and buying a sub seperatly to and run it into the 'sub' port at the back of the amp.

Heres a pic of the sub

·
Registered
30,817 Posts
This is an alternative standard setup that is common with satellite/sub systems for 2 channel. I recommend that you use the Jamo sub and connect the satellites as Jamo says as these were designed as a set. Running those satellites full range is not what they were designed to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.