AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I was going to lie and say I just got a just bought a system, but the fact is I've had it for a while and had it hooked up with cable. I asked the D* installer if he could hook it up to the stereo and he said he would, but didn't.

The reason why I have waited 7 months is that my wife has a hearing problem and most of the time we listen through the regular TV speakers. (She has tinnitus or constant ringing of the ear and can't tolerate loud noise)

On Friday I received my new Harmony 880 remote and realized when setting up all the activities, that I never hooked up the receiver to anything.

The system was set up by a nice gentleman from Hartford, CT for the cable. He came down and ran the speaker wires and hooked up all the connections for me.

Now with the HR10-250, I am not even sure where to begin. My components list is below. I was wondering if anyone maybe had photos of your connections or a schematic that a layman could follow. I am so lost.

The only requirement is that I still get volume out of the TV speakers for TV watching.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Panasonic PT-40LC12 Multi-Media Wide Screen Projection Display

Pioneer VSX-D711 Receiver

Panasonic DVD-RP62

Harmon Kardon HKTS 5 Speakers

Hughes HR10-250

DirecTV Sat Triple LNB

Comcast Basic Service

Hitachi M171 VCR

1 - 2 of 2 Posts