AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me preface that I apologize for the length of this post! I need lots of help.

Just upgraded from an Integra DTR 4.5. On the Integra there were dedicated Zone 2 speaker posts so a simpleton like me knew where to connect the Zone 2 speakers. No such speaker connections on the X-4000. I noticed in the first posts of this thread mentioning assigning some of the surround speakers to Zone 2. I assume that once I switched to Zone 2 I would have 5.1 in the main room and just stereo in Zone 2. My questions are:

1) Is my understanding correct regarding assigning a couple of the surrounds to Zone 2?

2)I haven't read the manual cover to cover but will it provide an explanation on how to assign the surrounds to Zone 2? From what I've seen the manual discusses Zone 2 only in relation to the sources that you can connect to Zone 2.

3) One of the reasons I purchased the X-4000 is so that I could play an HDMI source in both main and Zone 2 simultaneously. I was willing to accept the reduction to 5.1 while Zone 2 was playing. However, is there a way I could incorporate my old Integra Dtr 4.5 and I could maintain 7.1 in main and 5.1 in Zone 2? I see some mention of doing something like this but not quite sure how to do so.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts

Does this receiver offer an auxiliary input say to run audio from a cell phone or ipod with quick and easy plug and play?

How does one play music through a mobile device such as this while watching TV at the same time?  Is there a way to mute the TV audio and play the mobile device that is running music for example, all through the receiver?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts