AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, This should be a no-brainer but I'm having a problem connecting my receiver to my new Aquos LC52LE830U. I had it set up perfectly with my old dlp tv so I know it should work now.

I have a Yamaha HTR5730 receiver. My Explorer 8300HD box is connected by HDMI. I've connected the digital audio out on the tv to the digital audio in on the receiver (duh) & tried all the various tv settings explained in the manual but without success. Neither Best Buy nor Sharp Canada were helpful. Could the problem be a faulty audio out terminal on the tv? If anyone has any ideas I'd be eternally grateful!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have the same problem except mine is connected to sharp bd-mpc41u

it did work for 4 months and went out one night did any figure this out?

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
Connect the Explorer to the receiver by HDMI cable, and the HDMI out of the receiver to the HDMI input of the TV.

The digital output of the TV does not put out any signal with an HDMI input to the TV (as you have proved).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMousse /forum/post/21807405

Hi, This should be a no-brainer but I'm having a problem connecting my receiver to my new Aquos LC52LE830U. I had it set up perfectly with my old dlp tv so I know it should work now.

I have a Yamaha HTR5730 receiver. My Explorer 8300HD box is connected by HDMI. I've connected the digital audio out on the tv to the digital audio in on the receiver (duh) & tried all the various tv settings explained in the manual but without success. Neither Best Buy nor Sharp Canada were helpful. Could the problem be a faulty audio out terminal on the tv? If anyone has any ideas I'd be eternally grateful!

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts