AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to figure out how best to wire the SI18 to work with my iNuke 3000dsp. I bought the SI18D4 version, and believe I can wire it to show up as a 2-ohm load or 8-ohm load on the amp. Am I correct that my best bet is to wire this as 8-ohm as shown below?

Second question - would I be better off with an SI18D2 in this case so I can wire it up to show as a 4-ohm load to the 3000dsp?

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
that is what i would suggest.

at the amp, for bridged operation, the red goes to speakon 1+, the black goes to the 2+.

that part trips up many folks.
Hey LTD, if his objective is an 8 ohm load and he decides to use two subs, wouldn't he need dual 2ohm dvc subwoofers?

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
The amp works with an 8, 4, or 2 ohms per channel load, or an 8 or 4 ohm bridged load.

http://www.behringer.com/assets/NU6000DSP_NU3000DSP_NU1000DSP_M_EN.pdf

PAGE 19

EDIT:

A D4 can be wired as 2 ohm or 8 ohm. A D2 can be wired as 4 ohm or 1 ohm.

The OP said nothing about a second sub, but if a second D4 is used, each driver can be wired in parallel for a 2 ohm load on two channels for the same wattage each channel he is getting now on one driver at 8 ohm bridged (double the subs, double the total power).

With a D2, he could get twice the power(4 ohm) as the D4 (8 ohm) in bridged mode right now, but only about 1/2 that with two subs running on two channels (or the same power as a
bridged D4 spread over two D2 drivers bridged, which would be a waste of money).

Two D4s wired together could present a 1 ohm, 4 ohm or 16 ohm load and two D2s wired together could present a 2 ohm or 8 ohm load (1, 2 and 16 ohm bridging is not available), so wired as 8 ohms the two D2 would be half the power of the dual D4s wired as 4 ohms when running them bridged.

·
Registered
21,345 Posts
the confusion may be because the inuke 3000dsp is fine with 2 ohms per channel, while the 6000dsp likes to see 4 min per channel.

whether one maxes out the amp by running minimum impedance is a personal choice and kind of depends on how long of duration at full throttle one wants to run. :)

·
Registered
615 Posts
Not trying to correct anyone a D2 can be wired as a 4 ohm speaker + to - positive on one coil negative to the other coil ( series ) the D2 can also be wired in parallel + to +, - to - this will be a 1 ohm load.
The D4 can be wired as a 8 ohm speaker ( same as D2 series wiring ) or as a 2 ohm speaker same wiring as D2 in parallel.
Hooking up the connector if you are using the D4 wire in series this will give you an 8 ohm speaker when wiring the sub as LTD02 wrote +1 and +2 when you configure the amp run it in bridged mode set the limiter at 1100w.
You can also do it by wiring the sub in parallel but then the connector has to be wired +1 and -1 and the amp needs to be set at stereo or dual mono_Once again you have to set the limiter to 1100w.
For further help refer to:

MartySub FAQ then go to page 2 scroll down it is right past Homer Simpson picture.

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
Not trying to correct anyone a D2 can be wired as a 4 ohm speaker + to - positive on one coil negative to the other coil ( series ) the D2 can also be wired in parallel + to +, - to - this will be a 1 ohm load...The D4 can be wired as a 8 ohm speaker ( same as D2 series wiring ) or as a 2 ohm speaker same wiring as D2 in parallel...
Not sure who you would be correcting?
...A D4 can be wired as 2 ohm or 8 ohm. A D2 can be wired as 4 ohm or 1 ohm...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone - wired the sub for 8 ohm, set the amp to bridged, and set a 1100w limiter.

I'm not planning on having (2) subs anytime soon, so given that, would the D2 version of the SI to maximize my amplifier compared to the D4 I have now?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.