AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for looking. I have a Sony VPL-VW10HT and am feeding it a signal from a California Audio Labs VP-2500, basically scaling an "S" video in to Progressive out. When this signal is fed to the unit, an error message pops up that reads Frequency Too High. What the heck does that mean?

When I take an SVideo from the DVD directly to the projector, it works fine.

What does this mean? DVD, Scaler, Projector?

Thanks.

D

·
Premium Member
16,963 Posts
Sounds like your feeding the progresive signal into the interlace component in.

If im not mistaken that projector has 2 sets of components, one for HDTV and progressive dvd and a interlace set for 480i dvd.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Gouger
Sounds like your feeding the progresive signal into the interlace component in.

If im not mistaken that projector has 2 sets of components, one for HDTV and progressive dvd and a interlace set for 480i dvd.
I dont know what your problem is but the 10ht has 2 inputs that can accept Progressive Component/Y/PB/PR or Analog RGB via a breakout cable. Both inputs are capable of HD and progressive DVD 480p input, you may have to set the proper input mode through the service menu. I remember the projector having problems with signal when I was using a sony hd-100 in variable mode. When the hd-100 would go between 480i and 1080i I would have to go into the service menu and change the input type in the projector (I dont remember to what it has been too long) I am now using a progressive DVD player and hughes HD receiver switched via an ES sony reciever and I have no problems with the projector being able to resync automatically between 480P and 1080i.

Here is a good link to a 10ht faq: http://www.thebigpicturedvd.com/vw10ht_faq.shtml

Just guessing, I would bet your vp-2500 is doing something not compatible with the 10ht or you might have to try out different input types from the service menu.

Regards,

B

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. I may have left out some info:

I used to send a Progressive signal (basic RCAs) from an EAD TheaterVision DVD directly to the 10HT. No problem. Now, the Cal 2500 VideoProcessor ONLY has an S video out, component video out, and progressive outs.

Since my DVD only has S out and RGB (connectors), Y, Pr,Pb out for COMPONENT, here is what I have found.

I can get the processor to send an S video and a COMPONENT (unscaled) signal to the 10HT. I just can't get the Progressive. The progressive out has RGB styled connectors which I bought an adapter to allow me to connect RCA style cables to run to the 10HT. Does this have anything to do with it?

Lastly, the scaler has a V and H synch (whatever the heck that is) and my 10HT has the inputs for this. Do I need to connect those?

Dan

·
Registered
779 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by nbt
Thanks for the input. I may have left out some info:

I used to send a Progressive signal (basic RCAs) from an EAD TheaterVision DVD directly to the 10HT. No problem. Now, the Cal 2500 VideoProcessor ONLY has an S video out, component video out, and progressive outs.

Since my DVD only has S out and RGB (connectors), Y, Pr,Pb out for COMPONENT, here is what I have found.

I can get the processor to send an S video and a COMPONENT (unscaled) signal to the 10HT. I just can't get the Progressive. The progressive out has RGB styled connectors which I bought an adapter to allow me to connect RCA style cables to run to the 10HT. Does this have anything to do with it?

Lastly, the scaler has a V and H synch (whatever the heck that is) and my 10HT has the inputs for this. Do I need to connect those?

Dan
Dan,

With the exception of the 10ht, I have never seen or used the equipment you are using so take what I am saying with some salt.

I am guessing that you are outputting progressive RGB vs y,pr,pb. RGB requires 5 cables RGB and the vertical and horizontal synchronization information each on their own wire. If this is the case, yes you would need to connect the V and H connectors too. I hope this works for you, If you are using RGB I think you will need to go into the service menu and tell the projector to use RGB. BTW I think if you go through the RGB interface and you are not scaling close to 1080i, 720p, 480i or p the projector might think you are a computer and scale you into a 4:3 box. As far as I know there is no way to bypass the internal scaler of the 10ht, 720p is as close as you can get.

Regards,

B

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love AVS FORUM!!!

You guys are incredible!! I posted a question, in need of help this AM, and hours later, a quick run to Radio Shack, added two BNC to RCA connectors for the V and H Synch, and DONE!!

That was all I needed!!!!!

Thanks SO much for you help! Patience on a 3 day weekend was NOT there!!

Dan

·
Premium Member
7,212 Posts
Which does a better job, the Cal 2500 video processor or the on board processing of the Sony. My VSW does not have the processor board.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.