AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a slight geometry issue at the top of my screen when in full mode, noticeable when viewing 4:3 content. The top of the screen appears like this:

\\\\\\\\||||////. Now, I know that the UCP code in the service menu is suppose to correct this, but it messes up the vertical lines in a different way. UCP affects the top 2 inches or so of the screen, whereas this problem is only on the top 1 inch. This problem is not noticeable when viewing content in the NORMAL tv setting, only in FULL. Also, the botton portion of the TV is perfect. Is there any other setting that is similar to UCP to correct this issue?

Thanks for any input. I have searched the forum throrougly and could not find any solution.

· Registered
1,493 Posts
Are you using an appropriate crosshatch pattern for adjustment? It is very difficult to see the interaction of geometry controls without it. Keep in mind that it's impossible to get perfect geometry and good geometry consists of a series of tradeoffs that can only be made while viewing a test pattern.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I used a crosshatch that was displayed in 1080i full mode. None of the settings in the 2170-D menus could fix it. Your probably correct in that I might not be able to fix the problem. There are other variables in the service menu, outside of 2170-D, but I am not familiar with them, and cannot find any detailed information on what they do.

Also, the geometry settings are different between 480i normal (which has not problem) and 1080i full.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found the solution to my problem, so I will post it here in case anyone else has the same issue. UXCG, UXCP, LXCG, and LXCP work together with UCP and LCP for the top and bottom portions for the screen. I will trie to show an illustration of my problem:

1.TOP ~20% of Screen with UXCG and UXCP set to 0.

\\\\\\\\|||////

||||||||||

2.TOP ~20% of Screen with UXCG and UXCP set to 3.

\\\\\\\\|||////

\\\\\\\\|||////

Under the second setting UCP with work to straighten the line properly; then it is just a matter of changing the PIN setting to match (maybe VPIN or MPIN also).

· Registered
1,493 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xomoi /forum/post/18119642

I found the solution to my problem, so I will post it here in case anyone else has the same issue. .....

Congrats on finding a solution and thanks for posting it. I, for one, was unaware of the function of these controls.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.