AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post so please go easy. Attached is my house floor plan. I've indicated three separate zones, each represents an area that I'd like to toggle on /off. I am okay with the same music being pushed to each zone, I don't care about multiple zones streaming different music simultaneously. I would the ability to stream Pandora, iTunes, or music from my iPhone / iPad. Zone 3 is a screened in pool area and only the lanai is covered.

I would like all speakers hard wired back to the Zone 1 Family Room. I will run the wires and install speakers myself. I'd like recommendations on speaker locations and equipment to purchase so that I can get the best bang for my buck. I'd prefer to not spend more than $1K total - this is negotiable.

Any and all suggestions and recommendations are very much appreciated!! Thanks again. MM

Attachments

·
Registered
976 Posts
I would get a Monoprice multi zone amplifier ($590) and expand to 7 zones. Zone 1 will be powered by an AV receiver so that you can get surround sound for movies & TV. I would also separate your Zone 2 out to 2 zones. Arrange the speakers by how you think the seating arrangement will be. You will also need to wire Cat5e/6 for keypads. Multi-source capable system is way nicer than single source. Your budget may need to increase to $1,500 to $2,000 depending on what the music source and speakers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.