AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im getting my new Onkyo 1009 receiver for my bady in Sept and am looking at getting some new speakers for it. Its a 9.2 receiver but I really only want to do a 7.1 right now due to money. I was looking at the Klipsch reference series and had heard that those are some good speakers. Any advise?

·
Banned
2,914 Posts
How about 7 Wilson Audio Alexandria X2?

Since you gave no budget figured I'd start of with these....

Those are $135,000 a pair.

·
Registered
896 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemjoey /forum/post/20800741

hey guys im getting my new Onkyo 1009 receiver for my bady in Sept and am looking at getting some new speakers for it. Its a 9.2 receiver but I really only want to do a 7.1 right now due to money. I was looking at the Klipsch reference series and had heard that those are some good speakers. Any advise?

Klipsch reference series are a very good speaker but... you may want to have a listen for yourself to determine if they are the right sound for you. For some the horn loaded system are a bit to bright sounding as some (.. as myself) love them. To keep it in perspective, speakers are very judgementel... as its up to you to deceide whats best, every one has differnt taste. Its almost next to impossible to listen to most brands but your best bet it to start at least a Best Buy or such or a audio store that carries a few line and start from there.

Once you determine a budget then you will have at least a good starting point to do a little research.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts