AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two JBL 28T speakers that I am wanting to hook up outside of my house. I know that these speakers have a transformer built into them and from my understanding I cannot use a regular receiver to power the speakers. What I'm having a hard time figuring out is what type of receiver and or amp do I need to get these speakers to work correctly?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so I've looked at the 100 and 70v amps. Will I still have to buy a seperate receiver to connect to the amp in order to play music or are there 100/70v amps with the receiver components built in? Also it seems more complicated setting up this type of system then a traditional one, or I may just be over thinking it. Would I be able to just hook up Any old speaker wire from the amp to the speakers and let em rip?

·
Banned
16,232 Posts
These are normally public address type use, not home. What do you mean by receiver components? The only component built into a receiver is typically the radio, although the network interfaces are now becoming common. Depends on what you intend to use as a source of music.

Why are you going this route? Free speakers?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found em on craigslist for cheap and they seem like good quality speakers for outdoor use from what I can tell. i also will have a few long runs (approx 100ft) and have read that this set up is good for longer runs.

I would like to run the audio from my computer to the speakers. I have one of the cords that will hook up to the audio red and white ports in a receiver and plug into the computer speaker jack on the other end. Works for my basic indoor system. Will there be the same type of hook ups on a 100 or 70v amp? Som of the pictures just look like all they have are speaker wire ports on the back and that's it.

·
Banned
16,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink floyd7  /t/1473017/help-with-speakers#post_23403466

Please help!! I'm just needing to know what type(brand model, under 200$) of 70/100v amp to buy so I can use these speakers outside my place.

I'm not all that familiar with that kind of equipment but one of the guys at work does the a/v for his church and uses a 70v system so I'll ask him what he thinks...but that'll be Monday. This is the speaker subforum on the other hand and perhaps you should try the receiver/amp subforum?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts