AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I have 2 HDMI problems and need help:
  • PS3 to 4X1 switcher does not work with projector (Epson 1080p) Projector does not receive signal. Cable is monoprice 24 gauge, 35 ft.; other 3 devices on switch work fine (xbox elite, Cablebox, Oppo DVD player). Switcher is monoprice powered 4X1. PS3 works when bypassing switch with direct cable

I also need to split signal to 2 Displays (Panasonic Plasma & Epson projector. the passive monoprice splitter does not work.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

thanks!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Sounds like you have two problems with different solutions:

1) The switcher doesn't work - apparently your HDMI products (source and display) aren't compatible with the Monoprice switch. Try a different switcher. We make some nice ones, so do several other companies. You may have to spend more money than you did at Monoprice.

2) The "passive splitter" device you reference is a travesty, and I don't know why anyone would ever make it or try to market it as a splitter. Digital signals simply cannot be passively split like that to drive two displays simultaneously. It can't and won't work.

You need a distribution amplifier, which is a powered "active splitter". Again, our company, and many others make reputable, quality distribution amplifiers.

When choosing HDMI products, you should make sure anything you purchase is ATC certified - this means an HDMI Authorized Testing Center has confirmed that the company is a licensed HDMI adopter and that their products are in compliance with HDMI standards of performance.

Trent

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.