AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am trying setup a projector in a church. I am the new pastor here and was trying figure out what I was going to do about a screen when the old pastor told me that he was given a motorized screen a few years ago. For whatever reason (thank God) he decided not throw it out. It is a 100+ " Stewart Firehawk in great condition. However, it was once installed and was removed at some kind of conference center. I am not sure if I have everything I need to make it work.

It has a box with a lead of BX cable of one side (red, white, black and green wires) and the a hole on the other. It looks like another lead should come out of that and then go to the screen. The screen has nothing coming out.

I do have experience with low voltage as I used to install security systems. I am thinking that all I need to do is have this thing wired up by our electrician and then have some kind of relay or switch to short the power to make it go up and down. Any help would be great. It looks like it is a very good and expensive screen, I would love to make this work. Thanks...Dean

·
Registered
232 Posts
The manuals from Stewart are available under the dealer_area, but they are open to everybody.

http://www.stewartfilmscreen.com/res...sidential.html

So look at which enclosure/case you have and download the manual. Stewart screens can come in several varieties and with different control options. So depending on which leads you have, it might be that you have a built in control box. That should be accessible through the left side panel IIRC.

I have a Model A Electriscreen with no extra options except for the 230v option, and that one has the 230 leads comming out with a 3 foot cable on top just inwards of the left side panels.

In the manual you can see some of the different control options.

If those arent enough I guess calling stewart is always an option, even though its "second hand" from your point of view.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts