AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently sold my Polk dsw sub and am going to build a sonotube or multi driver birch enclosure. I have been in car audio over 13 years and need more than any of the retail cube subs can offer. I will be using Digital Designs drivers as I sell those currently. What I need to know is what amp to buy. with this in mind. I have ruled out the crown racks due to everyone saying they drop off in the lower band. I can't really imagine needing a single 10" driver to ever play below 20 hz either. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

120v input

1000-1800 watts rms (being as by my math thats all a 15a circuit can do)

rack mount is fine

crossover internal

subsonic filter

some eq of sorts (optional)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I posted this in two different places and not a single response. Did I do something wrong? Is this not the right place?

·
Registered
48 Posts
"What I need to know is what amp to buy"

Would that be a 4 ohm driver, just (1)? Are you asking for "1000-1800 watts rms" or just posting that would be all your 15 amp circuit can provide?

"I can't really imagine needing a single 10" driver to ever play below 20 hz either"

I do not know many (If any) that can play that low with any real output for home duty.

A very popular amp for sub duty Is the Behringer ep4000, but the new Peavy & Behringer class "d" amp's may suit your needs better, seeing they also offer DSP models

"crossover internal, subsonic filter, some eq of sorts"

, most all models under your target of $1,000.

Hope this helps.

JL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts