AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,
I built my dedicated home theater a while back, circa 2002-2004. Over time, I have added a few components to try and keep it as current as possible and with the latest setup, I am having a problem with the subwoofer output. Following is the setup.....

Sony BluRay player Model #BDP-N460 (Source material tried Man of Steel and Interstellar BluRay discs)
-> VIDEO - HDMI directly to Sony VPH-D50HT Mark II CRT Projector (new card installed in projector to accept HDMI with full HDCP compatibility)
-> AUDIO - Digital Coaxial out to Proceed AVP

AppleTV
-> VIDEO - HDMI directly to Sony VPH-D50HT Mark II CRT Projector (new card installed in projector to accept HDMI with full HDCP compatibility)
-> AUDIO - Digital Optical out to Proceed AVP

Proceed AVP Preamp/Processor
-> 5 line output channels to ATI 2505 5 channel amplifier to 5 Martin Logan speakers
-> 2 stereo subwoofer line output channels to two Carver Sunfire Signature powered subs

Notes:
- I have always had great subwoofer sound. After setting this up, I do not get any sound out of the subwoofers at all.
- Previously, I had component video out of the BluRay player feeding the projector. I am wondering if the new HDMI connection to the projector is somehow limiting the 5.1 output of the digital coaxial and optical outputs from the BluRay player.
- The fuses in the subs are good.
- The power outlets for the subs are functioning
- I checked through the DVD player's menus and all audio settings appear to be correct.
- When I go into the Proceed AVP menu, and select speaker configuration, and then adjust the output of each speaker with the Proceed generated test noise, I can do so for all speakers except the subs. This says to me the Proceed AVP is not passing a subwoofer signal through. Thoughts?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Ken

1 - 1 of 1 Posts