AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I am new to HT (90% HT 10% music) and we are converting a living room that is rather open to use with a Panasonic 58" plasma, Sony STRDA 3400 ES receiver, speakers will be Paradigm Studio 60 or Monitor Audio RS6.

I need to get a sub that will match up well. The problem is the room is 19 by 24 by 8 ft. high, but one side wall is only a 2 1/2 feet wall open to a similar size room. I want to put the sub in a front corner.

I have heard good things about Velodyne SPL 1500, DEQ 15, but don't know what will work best. Is a sealed or ported sub best?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
whats your budget? any size restrictions?

look into SVS, Epik, Seaton's Submersive, the list goes on and on. internet direct is the way to go though. much better value.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Budget would be less than $1,000. 6-750 would be nice.

Size comes into play as it will be in the living room. Not too huge if possible WAF issue, if WAF has anything to do with wife (not sure).

·
Registered
2,043 Posts

·
Registered
8,482 Posts
If your wife will let you get something as large as the Ed A5-350, it should energize a room like that pretty well.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I would seriously look at the HSU VTF3 probably the best sub in your range that will pass the WAF, nothing wrong with the EDs or Epik or SVS but they are big subs and all are basic black at least with the hsu its a couple wood grain choices.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts