AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older temporary sub(Mirage frx-s10) in my system until my SVS arrives. I also have an

onkyo sr504 which is a receiver that powers everything including the sub so my gain and crossover settings in the rear of my sub don't work. Also I use HTD level two's so I set my crossover at 80hz and speakers to large since the speakers go down to 60hz.

My question is what are the most common SUB settings for people that use this receiver with their sub?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
80hz is a good X over starting point (experiment to find what works best for your system), but set your ALL your speakers to small, even if they go lower than 80hz. My fronts go to 35hz, but I set them to small and let my sub do the bass below 80hz. It takes a lot of load of the 504.

BTW I'm really impressed with the sound of my 504. It's had no problem driving my 4ohm 92db/w/m front speakers for long and loud listening sessions.

The DAC are very resolving and paired with efficient speakers in moderate sized room, this thing is incredibly dynamic.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.