AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking for a subwoofer that can keep up with Klipsch RF 82 system - space is limited - i cant fit a hugh size sub -

the RSW10d from Klipsch is the size i need at most - i cant go past 18 in dept. - i dont want it to stick out past the front speakers - the width is also limited - being that the RSW10D - in black is way too much i think at retail -

so what other sub. can i look at for small size that can kick deep - loud and clean to keep up with the Klipsch i have and must sound just as good with music as with movies -

last - i dont want to spend a $1000 on a sub - i was willing to do $500 - but will go more if i can find a sub that will fit the size i need and sound great -- at least a 10 inch driver - also i want to keep it simple - i want to plug it in - fix the gain - phase - etc. but i dont want to get too involved with adjusting EQ on the sub etc.

if it has a Remote - thats great also - if anyone knows where i can get a RSW10D for a great price - PM me

thanks

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
eD A2 300 , 350 with free shipping , 12" driver and sounds great, as a matter a fact im selling mine locally here in NY, havent had too much luck but oh well, i want to upgrade to the bigger eD sub , the A5 350 or even the A7s

·
Banned
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks - looks good - but i have a problem - its just going to be too deep - i dont want it sticking out past my fronts

the max dept i can do is around 17 inch - thats one of my problems finding a sub.

then i wonder if a 200 Watt is enough for a sub. - i see the RSW10 d at 500 Watt - and many others even at 1000 watts - so not sure if this will be a big upgrade from what i am using now - which is a Bic V1020 - its ok - but didnt have the RF82 speakers then -

any others ?

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
lol, buy a good sub, dont buy another crap from polk or klipsch, you need to buy quality and eD is quality, so is SVS, Epik and AV123.

Why is that size limitation? is it the wife?
or u need to fit the sub somewhere?

where do u live btw?

But ya please dont buy polk LOL, just the thought makes me laugh cuz thats not a real subwoofer..

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
expresso712-Is height also a problem? If not, you could look at a cylinder subwoofer, like the SVS PC12-NSD. I've heard good things about it, and it has a 16" diameter so width and depth wouldn't be issues. It's 35" tall so it's a good bit shorter than your RF-82's. Depending on shipping, it's about $100 over your budget, but would probably be well worth it.

http://www.svsound.com/products-sub-cyl-pc12_nsd.cfm

There's a thread started on it here, but it's very short so far, since it's a new model.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1099342

There are a few other mentions of it in the forums here. Just do a search for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.