AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm in the process of mounting a set of Bipole surround speakers (Fluance AVBP2) in my media room with a 5.1 setup.  The shape of the room prevents me from mounting traditional surrounds to the left and right of my sitting area, so I've purchased a set of Bipole speakers which I'll be mounting in the rear of the room instead.  I've calculated approximately where I would like them to go and am looking for some feedback/confirmation on what I'm thinking of doing.  The room is 12ft wide x 20ft long with 8ft ceilings.

Below is a picture of the rear of the room where I've Photoshopped the bipoles on the wall, along with my room layout.  The ceiling height (between the floor and soffit for recessed lights) in the back of the room is 90".  My ear listening height would be 35-40" off the floor depending on my reclined position.  24-30" above the listening height would put the center of the speakers about 65" inches off the floor (top of the speakers would be 70" from the floor), with about 20" clearance between the top of the speaker and the soffit. Also, I would plan to have about 70" (~6 ft) of space between the speakers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrob425  /t/1524261/help-with-surround-placement-bipoles#post_24528231

Speakers at or slightly above tweeters as seated ear height is what is recommended. Your proposed mounting position should work out though
Thanks, Rob.  You thinking I should drop them maybe 6" from my proposed height?  If so, that would put the center of the tweeter about 60" (5ft) off the ground.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts