AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am configuring my 7.1 home theater system. The problem is that along the right wall I have a fireplace. The fireplace is built into the room. My L/R surrounds are older Paradigm 170's (diploar). So from what I have read these speakers are optimal if placed on a side wall. So I do this but the Right surround is facing the sidewall of the fireplace. How can I optimize this situation?: What should I do? :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it too much. The room correction software in your AVR should help with things.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't worry about it too much. The room correction software in your AVR should help with things.
I'm just a little concerned with sound getting trapped in that corner of the room as it will naturally go towards the area of the room where the fireplace starts. Would me putting a speaker stand across from the LS (ADP 170) fix this? MCACC- now let's see if I can find the microphone..

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
I don't think that sound would be "trapped" by the fireplace, it would just cause some reflections. Those ADP 170s, from what I can tell, fire sound out of both sides, so there should be few issues with it in that place. MCACC has certainly helped my less-than-optimal basement.

Another solution would to move the 170s to the rear, and have direct-firing speakers as your side surrounds. There isn't much (ie: under 20%) sound sent to the surround speakers, so I think you can get away with either placement and not "lose" anything...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts