AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I'm don't know too much about LCD's but from what I've read and researched it seems to have a slight edge on plasmas. I have about $1700 or so to spend on a tv and it seems the Syntax Olevia LT37HVS would be the best fit. Due to my lack of knowledge I have a few questions. How does this compare to the more famous brand names like Sony, Sharp, etc.? A 37" from those brands are like around 3K. Is it one of those "you get what you paid for"?

I live in California and haven't seen any of the Syntax LT37HVS on display. I know it's the latest from them with IDEA tech. Has anyone bought this TV yet? How's the picture and overall quality?

I saw the LT37HVE on display at a store and it didn't look as good as as the sharp LCD 37" next to it. I read both of the specs, same resolution (1366 x 768) and the Syntax has higher contrast (1200:1 vs. 800:1) and a higher brightness (800 cd/m2 vs. 450 cd/m2). Was the Syntax picture just not set up correctly?

Finally, I only have standard cable right now, and will likely get HDTV after a year. So I will mainly be using my future LCD for DVD's. Since the Syntax is 16:9, does that mean my widescreen DVD's will fit perfectly in the screen w/out those black bars? Also, will my standard cable look ok on a widescreen tv? Because the cable looks great on my current TV (Sony CRT 32").

Sorry for my lack of knowledge and thanks for any help, it will be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.