AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This antenna says that it's an amplified antenna but it's just the "sit atop the sat" kind of antenna. We are having a heck of a time picking up the signal for our UHF stuff, is it something we are doing wrong? We have tried to position the antenna everywhere around the house and there is a fair amount of line of sight around the house. (at least 4 blocks without obstruction)

the antennaweb site says that the DTV signals are being carried from the south/southeast. Are there other steps to take to get even an actual reception? Or does this antenna just suck?

please help!!!

thanks

------------------

-coop
my dvd list

·
Registered
57 Posts
Are you getting any reception? I think the Terk 42 only has about 10dB of gain, this may not be enough depending on your location. Are you using the diplexors? Some have claimed a lot of dB signal loss when using them. To test, you can buy an amplified indoor antenna (30+ Db), turn the gain all the way up and point it in the general direction and you should get something. You may need a bigger antenna.

·
Registered
26 Posts
All models of Terk antennas are the worst I have seen and used. The lower VHF 2-6 sometimes comes in a bit, but higher in the range you can do better with spit and a rusty nail. Honest.

Terk diplexers and inline amp finish off the job. The diplexers are usually defective and will not pass a signal. The inline amp usually degrades the signal.

You can do better at Radio Shack, and much better still using something the Channel Master 4221, etc. You can do a search on the Channel Master line here on the site and so for yourself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.