AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tryng to decide on what theater chairs to get and need some opinions. I have a Tuscan/Old World basment and really like the chairs below. My problem is 4 of these would be 141" long and my room is only 14'6" wide.

I pulled in the living area couch to give some size perspective. This couch is around 135" long. Do you feel the that it would be to congested looking with the above chairs?

I'm also considering the Berkline 13175 chairs as they are 129" and would fit the room great. I just don't care for the contemporary styling. The Berklines are about $300 more expensive but have elec. recline.

PS: The rear row of seating is going away also.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Having only 2.5' of clearance would make it reallllllly tight.

If you get the Berklines in a microfiber I think you may get closer to the look you want. I also think MF is more comfortable and practical, but your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. The Berklines would be chocolate brown leather. I'm not sure what MF is either?

·
Registered
12 Posts
The couch looks too congested. If you went with the Berkline 13175's you mentioned, but went with a row of 3, and space them out a little, I think it would look great.

·
Registered
739 Posts
You could do 4 seats with 3 arms (a 2 love seat configuation) and save about another foot of width.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts