AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running HD through an HDTV Wonder card (MMC Software) to a plasma via DVI:HDMI. Our local NBC is the only channel that seems to stay on. I have excellent reception (93% - 98%) that doesn't fluctuate on every other major network but they come on for a few seconds and then go away with only audio remaining. The only thing I notice is that on the channel info, when the station is first selected it shows 1080i or 720p and then drops, usually to 480i or it will show a number greater than 1080i. It is after this drop that the image disappears. NBC starts at 1080i and stays there.

I have heard of the blackout problems some have experienced with this card but I am not sure if this is the same. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as I would like to change the channel.

Thanks

Jason

AMD 64 3200

X600

HDTV Wonder

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Try WatchHDTV 1.6 and see if the dropouts still occur. Do a search to find the software.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First off, thanks. I have now tried it and am getting audio but no video, even on NBC which is the only thing that comes in through MMC.

Got a larger antenna today and have pushed all networks to approximately 98% but still no video on all but NBC. According to antennaweb this is supposed to be one of the more difficult channels to get at my location. After doing some additional examination this evening, the networks I am not getting video on are all either dropping to 480i after starting at 1080i or showing something other than 720p or 1080i. Getting very frustrated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.