AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to buy a 52" LCD today. I think I am down to either the Sony XBR2 52" or the Samsung 5265. Our gameroom is about 14' by 13'. The TV will be wall mounted. We watch lots of everything ... standard def kid shows, HD sports, and use a nintendo wii. When facing the TV, there is a window behind the viewer and to the left of the viewer. The windows have plantation shutters, but will certainly be open often (mild concern about Samsung high gloss screen. There is overhead track lighting, but not pointed at the screen. The cost is fairly similar, so it won't be the deciding factor. The wife seems to like the looks of the Sony (the tv, not the picture). I've read these forums top to bottom for weeks and am still torn. Does anyone have any recommendations? By the way, I would rather not wait for the new models.

As long as I'm asking, we are going to purchase a second flat panel for our den (nicer room), which has less ambient light. We could get either a lcd or plasma in this room ... probably in the 46" range.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Either one sounds great. The past couple of years I tend to lean more to the Samsung, although that was not the case before then. I think you are tormenting over it too much. If you must get more involved take your own demo disc (something you like) to the store and have them put in on for you. If they can't you could always return one if you don't like it if they have a good return policy! Happy Hunting!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.