AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just hooked up to xbox live tonight to get updates got 2 updates after i signed up.my question is when i was watching a movie on the xbox addon a message came on the screen saying it was down loading some free games i do not want to see this when watching a movie how do i cut this off and i do not want the xbox down loading stuff i do not know about.if i can cut this down load off will that cut off my xbox updates i want to keep that on so i can get the updates when i cut on the xbox when they are availble.also does anybody know the CHEAPEST way to hook up 2 things to my comcast modem right now i have to unplug my ethernet cable from my pc then plug into xbox that sucks to keep upluging.SORRY for the long post i am kinda new to this stuff.THANK YOU

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
That's in regard to screen messages. In case you have any friends on there and message pop up about them.

Otherwise, go into the Live arcade and turn off the automatic downloads. This downloads the trial version of all the arcade games that get released. Just easier access for you to try them out without having to wait on a download.

You can keep it downloading these and just turn off the notification. Either way. All under 50 megs so it's not like it's taking up huge amounts of space.

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
I believe the auto-nofication system option will turn these off. It turns off friend messages. If they pop up again, don't blame me.
Guess you'll just have to turn off the auto download option in that case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.