Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am done with reading about HTPC and ready
to built my HTPC; so I am sure this is the first of many threads/questions I will have.

First here is a rundown of what I got and what I want to do. My TV is a Sony XBR450 with component input [no dvi]. I get my HD and sat. feed from a dishnetwork 6000 STB. At this time I am not getting a HD card. My plan is to combine some of my existing A/V equipment with the HTPC I am building. I hope it is possible to run the dish signal and cable/tv signals into a capture tuner card using s-video & tuner inputs [i know i will lose the HD content] and then using descaler to improve the signal. Then with JP1 programing and grider I should be able to come up with a wife friendly system. My guess/ hope is that I can use the STB tuner for changing channels by just running a s-video into the capture card. Also I plan on playing dvds with a software player. Also I want the ability for time-shifting via SageTV [this seems to be the program of choice]

Which would be the best way for me to go for video card/ or cards? I going with ATI [that seems to be the choice card] Is the 9800pro overkill? I was thinking of going with a 9500pro with maybe a flyvideo 3000. Would I be better off with a All In Wonder? One reason I don't like the AIW is because they come with a RF remote, the easiest way for me to integrate my system would be with IR remote and JP1 programing. Are there any video cards that accept RGB component input? I don't think so, or at least I haven't seen any. Another card I would consider is the hauppenue PVR250.

Just looking for help in making the correct choices, so all and any input is appreciated. Thanks DRB​

·
Registered
510 Posts
you'll want to check out the Radeon 9600-the cool part about this is (other than fantastic performance) is that it has no fan-only a heatsink.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.