AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current set up includes def tech in walls for the front and center, and two surround speakers - all are wired via my onkyo 705 receiver.

I would like to add on rear speaker in the center to get 6.1 sound, but would need to do this via a wireless set up. I will be using another def tech speaker for that placement, similar to the surround speakers.

Can I use the pre out jacks for the rear surround back on my onkyo for a wireless transmitter for that speaker? If so, any recommendations on a good wireless transmitter/receiver. Also, will the wireless receiver require the rca jacks, and if so, can I just connect these to a speaker wire from the wireless receiver to that speaker? If the wireless receiver for that speaker requires power, I might be out of luck as it will be an in wall set up, with no access to power?

Thanks...

·
Registered
2,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCKYMTN /forum/post/17050754

My current set up includes def tech in walls for the front and center, and two surround speakers - all are wired via my onkyo 705 receiver.

I would like to add on rear speaker in the center to get 6.1 sound, but would need to do this via a wireless set up. I will be using another def tech speaker for that placement, similar to the surround speakers.

Can I use the pre out jacks for the rear surround back on my onkyo for a wireless transmitter for that speaker? If so, any recommendations on a good wireless transmitter/receiver. Also, will the wireless receiver require the rca jacks, and if so, can I just connect these to a speaker wire from the wireless receiver to that speaker? If the wireless receiver for that speaker requires power, I might be out of luck as it will be an in wall set up, with no access to power?

Thanks...

you absolutely can use the surround rca output. if it were me id use the KEF wireless solution. they all require power at the speaker though as they all have amplifiers in them--the ones i know of have the amps built into the speakers so using them with a passive def tech could present a challenge...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.