AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an Xbox One Series X. I currently own a Denon AVR-3100x and an LG OLED55b7a. I want to take advantage of the 4k HDR formats that are available through the Xbox so I have to connect the Xbox directly to the TV because although the Denon can passthrough 4k it cannot passthrough HDR, so HDMI to the receiver is out. The current Xbox has an optical output, which I use to connect to the receiver. The series X does not have an optical output, everything runs through the HDMI. I have experimented with the ARC on the TV to the ARC on the Denon but without fail there are terrible synchronization problems between the audio and video. I have tried every permutation of using the lip sync features on the TV, the sync features on the Denon but I cannot seem to get the problem resolved. The LG also has an optical output, which I will try next but I have read that the optical outputs on these TV is not putting out more than 2.1 channels.

My question is, other than buying a new receiver which I have heard have trouble with the Panasonic HDMI chips anyway is there a way that I can get great digital audio to the Denon and great digital video to the LG simultaneously out of the one HDMI on the Series X? Is there a reliable device that can do this that costs less than a brand new receiver? If this has been covered in another forum could you please direct me there. Thank you all in advance for any assistance.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
You might need to buy a cheap HDMI 2.0 AVR so you can at least get HDR, and then wait for next year's HDMI 2.1 AVRs. Hopefully, Denon will have non-faulty chips in the new receivers and more than 1 HDMI 2.1 port.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Maybe an HDMI audio converter like the Sharc will work. The audio would go into the Denon via an input HDMI instead of the arc HDMI port. Worth a try if you can get a free return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
964 Posts
Try to play with ARC (audio return channel). This is what I had to do. Make sure your TV's output is labeled ARC and same with your Denon AVR.

Check your cable level (are they cheap cables) and make sure you didn't disable "TV audio"

I had to do the same thing in my case so my Series X could pass the 120hz signal to my TV, my Denon X6200 will only pass a 60hz signal. This work-around worked great, I am getting Atmos sound though my tv.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try to play with ARC (audio return channel). This is what I had to do. Make sure your TV's output is labeled ARC and same with your Denon AVR.

Check your cable level (are they cheap cables) and make sure you didn't disable "TV audio"

I had to do the same thing in my case so my Series X could pass the 120hz signal to my TV, my Denon X6200 will only pass a 60hz signal. This work-around worked great, I am getting Atmos sound though my tv.
Great! Thanks! I was able to tweak the settings so that I can get DTS 7.1 passing through the TV to the receiver with no trouble. I can get Atmos to passthrough but the AV sync is so bad that it is unwatchable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts