Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,

Please forgive the newbie question.

I currently have an xcard hooked up to a benq 7100 pj. I am mildly satisfy with the performance and was considering this combo.

Question??

With the xcard/PDI/dscaler combo, dvd output would be in dscaler and the xmedia player would be completely scrapped? Is this correct? I would no longer use the component in to my pj but the vga (no dvi in on pj) in to my pj. Same as software dvd playback like I had pre-xcard? Correct?

Thanks to all those who responds.

FY

·
Registered
30 Posts
well I am setting my PDI/X card combo as I type (well not literally but close)

At least for me the x player is what is actually playing thr stuff, but it shows through dscaler. You have to have BOTH open to see the picture through Dscaler, there is no picture through the X card.

I have my ouput from my Video card to my plasma via DVI, I learned after trial and error that the Audio must come out of th X card itself (ie the video gets picked up by the video card, but the audio does NOT get picked up by the sound card).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback.

What i did like about the xcard was that it was the closest thing to at "real" dvd player. The remote control was a big bonus. Seems like you with outting to dscaler you will enjoy higher pq but will lose remote control functionality.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
30 Posts
The remote still controls the X-card. Think about it this way. The X card IS the DVD player only, but Dscaler is the Display. So you lose no funtionality. I am not sure you can get display with an X card by itself (kind of like a dvd player not plugged into anything, the disks will play but you cant see them).

·
Registered
822 Posts
The VGA o/p on the X-card will display by itself (when VGA o/p selected in cinfiguration menu) not that I've used it much- I use the PDI out to Sweetspot capture card and Dscaler.

·
Registered
64 Posts
rosenblumr is exactly right - think of it as being a standalone DVD player that is using your existing PC DVD drive and power supply.

Remote still works, XMP is still needed (running in background) and DScaler does what it does best with the digital signal through SweetSpot/PDI Deluxe.

The other outputs from Xcard still work too (exept VGA) so you can have an S-Video feed to another display for example. The S-Video out of Xcard is still loads better than the S-Video out of Radeon.

As you say - it's very close to a 'normal' dvd player.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.