AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suspect it might be fried, but the Z600 is one of the elan components in my system....and it shows the "M" light lit up on the front panel. If I have the doorbell hooked up to it, all of the zones go silent for audio. As soon as I either turn the Z600 off, or unplug the doorbell, audio goes back on. Is there a way to reset this thing?? I tried using the phone #6 command...but it does nothing. No other phone commands are working either. I also tried unplugging the phone connections to the Z600 but that didn't help either.

If I can't get this to start working....is there a workaround for getting the doorbell to work again? Does anyone have a Z600 they would like to sell? Is there another piece that would work with this elan setup to get the doorbell functioning again??

Thanks alot for your help!!

Jerry

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Did you read through the Z600 manual?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes....I think the thing is "stuck" in mute mode. It will not respond to any telephone commands and there doesn't seem to be any other way provided to "unmute" it. Even if I disconnect the phone it stays muted.

·
Banned
1,556 Posts
Quote:
If I have the doorbell hooked up to it, all of the zones go silent for audio. As soon as I either turn the Z600 off, or unplug the doorbell, audio goes back on.
This points to the doorbell circuit being bad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...but the doorbell works fine thru the system. Could it still be bad somehow??

In what way??

Even when I disconnect the doorbell from the Z600, the "M" light stays lit on the front panel. It's like the unit is just plain stuck in mute mode.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
those links above include info on how to get the install manual

agreed, user manual useless

I think you need the install manual to troubleshoot yourself

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.