AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My XBox will not display properly..the colors pulse in and out on my 48" Sony RPTV. It plays fine on the PIP, but not full screen. I have used the supplied cables and S-Video cable as well to no avail. I have plugged into each video-in to no avail. MS support says that they will not support on RPTV's.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make it work?

Thanks in advance.:(

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
make sure the 480p, 1080i settings are turned on in the Xbox menu

Reactions: korsjs

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also had a problem with my XBOX and a Sony RPTV. Using the XBOX through an S-Video or Composite connection, everything was a shade of green. I then hooked it up to my 27 inch direct view and all was fine. That ruled out the problem being with the XBOX. After some fiddling and much frustration, I went out to my local gaming store and picked up the Monster component cables for the XBOX. I didn't really want to pay that much for them (I think they cost ~ $60) but really wanted to try out my new XBOX and didn't want to settle for running it on my 27 incher. I rushed home and hooked up the component video, and it actually worked. Unfortunately I had to disconnect my PS2 from the component input since my receiver only has 2 component ins and I was unwilling to unhook the DVD. Have you tried hooking it up through the component inputs?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, I havent tried component video yet. Are the 480i and 1080i settings only available if your using component video?. My Sony RPTV is not an HDTV. Does that matter?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Since your Sony is not HD you will not be able to use the 480p and 1080i modes on the XBOX. I am in the same boat as you (no hi-def, yet...)

·
Registered
564 Posts
You can run the XBox at 480i into Component inputs using the "HD AV Pack" It costs $20 and includes all the cables except for a Toslink. I have my XBox connected to a 32" RCA TV and it looks quite a bit better than it did with the basic video connection.

Everyone with a 5.1 setup and an XBox should get the HD AV Pack just for the audio. Some of the games have pretty cool surround effects.

--Burke

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.