AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this would be the place to ask it. Anyway, I have the following outlets that I would like to be controller via X10:

1 Electrical Wall Outlet

2 Light Switches w/dimmer support

I have the Denon 4802 receiver which comes with a learning touchscreen remote. On smarthome.com's website it states that you can use a IR learning remote to learn the controls..BUT you have to buy one of their X10 IR remotes in order to program the learning remote. OK....so it the following all I need?:

X10 SPLIT RECEPTACLE WHITE (Wall Outlet)

PCS SCENE 600W SMARTSWITCH WHT (Light Switch)

X10 IR/RF 6-DEVICE REMOTE (Remote)

INFRA-RED X10 COMMAND CENTER (X10 Base w/IR support)

Now, I'am not very familiar with X10. Would all I need to do is replace my outlets/switches...plug in the control box (any outlet in the room) and use the X10 remote and I'am set? Thanks for any help that you can throw my way ;)

Blake

·
Registered
322 Posts
The remote you are referring to is a model that radio shack makes. As soon as you get your IR543 it will give you a model #.(I would buy it from the shack for half the price) Hope this helps.

·
Registered
639 Posts
you can also pick up one of the home theater master remotes, they already 'know' the x10 codes. If you have a pronto, I believe remotecentral has some files that have the x10 codes available.

I have a bunch of pcs switches in my house, they are very good. The lighting in my theater uses all pcs stuff and I have 6 'scenes' defined....very cool effect.

I use the split outlets for my powered sub-woofers (they are old so they don't do the auto-turnon when a signal is present).

Let me know if you have any questions/problems with this stuff.

·
Registered
639 Posts
another good place to learn about X10 is HomeToys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.