AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone actually installed this unit and can they offer just a little help with how to use the Dragon Drop software? I'm not a newbie when it comes to programming remotes (Pronto, Pronto NG, MX-700). I just can't figure this out with the documentation provided.

So I've set up 3 zones and 3 sources using the software. I now want to go ahead and tell it what my sources are and how to link their functions to the keypads. I've already got pronto ccf files with all this stuff and it imports the ccf, but I'm at a loss as to how to make the .cnv files become palettes.

What am I missing?

My sources are:

Escient Fireball

Kenwood Entre

Philips DSR-7000

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I haven't done a conversion from a ccf but learning the remote is easy when creating a palette. The first problem you will have is that the MRC44 can not control the Escient Fireball with the Fireball IR commands. You have to use the Xantech IRS232 which translates the IR signals to RS232 to control the Escient.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's odd, so I can route my IR through a hardwired Xantech IR Repeater System and control my Fireball -- but it won't work if I route IR throught the MRC44?

Already, this is starting to sound like not such a great deal afterall. :p

So you have these two products? How do you like your MRC44?

Quote:
Originally posted by David Guill
I haven't done a conversion from a ccf but learning the remote is easy when creating a palette. The first problem you will have is that the MRC44 can not control the Escient Fireball with the Fireball IR commands. You have to use the Xantech IRS232 which translates the IR signals to RS232 to control the Escient.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I do like the MRC44. It is convenient to setup the keypads and programming the unit. Once you understand the way the dragon drop works it is a breeze. You can go to the Xantech site to pick up palettes also. The sound is great and plenty of power for my application, therefore I don't need the pre-outs. They have the MRC88 if you want more zones and pre-outs. You can still get preouts by using the Russound device that converts high level speaker signals to line level preamp outputs. The Escient is a nice device but it has problems because it is a relatively new device (kinda slow changing between inputs (music and i-radio) Not real intuitive of an interface and Xantech can't control is via IR. But with a high speed lan the i-radio stuff comes over just fine. The audio quality of Sirius broadcasts is not always high quality. I would never buy a Sirius system for serious home listening unless they increased the resolution and quality of the signal. But for background listening in a multi-audio system it is just fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.