AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought the hd pack with the progressive(component) outs for the xbox and hooked it directly to the progressive (component) inputs on the dila g11 and all i get is a white line a few pixels thick.

the g11 set to 'auto' for 'source' says its detecting a progressive signal (480p)

i don't know what to do. i get a 480i picture through the component in during the menu

but when the game starts the picture turns into a white line on the top left of the screen

what are the possible problems?

any help appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also, i am worried that it might be something wrong with the dila input

how could i double check this?

since it displays 480i through the component in does this mean that the input is working

but just not receiving 480p or does it mean it's actually not working?

also tried to get the daewoo 9000n to play through the component in on the dila

but had no luck either

i'm very worried it is the dila. i've never used the component in before and the unit was calibrated by a professional dealer. what do you guys think ? is it time to call and ask if they can help or can i try something else?

·
Registered
58 Posts
did you try setting the input to progressive scan (480p) rather then auto, if not try this it may be that the auto is your problem. otherwise it sounds like the projector is not syncing onto the dvd players progressive scan.you said you tried it with the daewoo dvd 15 pin input did you try a different player and also make sure the player is set to operate for pro. scan. some players have to be switched to do pro. scan. I've owned the g10/g11 and the g15 and all did 480p. good luck! post how you make out. slammie

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it works with the daewoo vga out(15pin) but not the component out (i'll try this again to

doublecheck) i'll get a new hd connector too.

i was pretty sure others had similar issue to this but couldn't find it in any searches.

where the heck are the archives?

oh and thanks for the reply

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Double check all the setting in the xbox control panel, also. (start up with no disc in), verify that the setting are correct for your projector. Interesting little quirk that people are reporting is that the control panel is always 480i, even though all games are at least 480p. So I'd check what signal the console is kicking out to your projector when a game starts.

·
Registered
142 Posts
You have to set the XBox to output a progressive signal, to do this hook up your HD pack (if you don't you wont see the options) and go into the XBox options.

Turn all of the progressive modes on and enjoy.

kev

·
Registered
142 Posts
Oh, you may want to turn on support for 16:9 too, if the game allows it, like Halo this is awesome!

On DOA3 you actually have to go to the setup in the game to turn on 16:9 to view the end movies. Also worth watching!

kev

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have turned on all the progressive signals via the settings menu in the xbox and have also tried turning on one at a time to see if that made a difference but no luck. also tried selecting 480p only in the g11 with no luck

is there a chance that even though the setting says 480p "on" (in the settings menu in the xbox )it is actually off?

the thing that gets me is the g11 says it is seeing a 480op signal but all

i get is a line at the top of the screen

thanks to all for the suggestions so far

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tried everything again no luck. also tried using the dvd player to g11 and no picture.

i'm seriously worried now that the g11 has a faulty input.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
got new xbox monster cables hookup and tried on two different projectors. g11 and epson 7350. neither worked. i figured how could it be that it wouldn't work for either projector? so i decided to return the xbox for a new one and thankfully the electronics boutique was gracious enough to accept the exchange. brought the new unit home to my g11 and still no go.:mad: what the h#!! is going on??? this time i get frozen snow on the bottom half of screen and lines on the top,or sometimes just a line 2 pixels high. when i switch to 480i(still inputting on the ycrcb)i get two horizontally squeezed side by side images that move....switching back to component the two side by side images are frozen on the screen.

when i set the g11 to component is does read some kind of signal (because the display says it's receiving ycrcb-yprpb) i'm going out of my mind!!!

one thing i haven't double checked yet is the bnc adaptors

could it be that? but i was able to pass a 480i signal through them with no problem.

is it worth it to buy a extra set of 3 bnc adaptors?

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!!!!!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
A long shot, but try using only the green cable. Try it on all three connectors on the Xbox end, one at a time. Green carries the sync, and you should get a B/W picture if it is hooked up correctly. Maybe the hd pack you got has the connectors mislabeled or miswired. Highly unlikely, but worth a try since you are desperate! You could also try each of the three BNC adaptors this way to see if you have a bad one. Also, if you posted where you live, someone in your area might be willing to help you experiment.

BTW, I have a G11, but no Xbox (nor any plans to get one).

- Chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.