AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an Insignia 46" Model: NS-L46X-10A. I have a media server that im connecting directlyto the TV. so im essentaly making my TV into a big monitor. In my media center, i installed a HIS H545H1G Radeon HD 5450 graphics card. this card supports 1080p. im using windows 7 64-bit. i installed all of the drivers for the video card. The best output i can get is 1080i. Has anyone heard of and problems with my TV and video card? i cant seem to find anything.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Can you set your videocard to 1080p? If you can I'd suggest setting it to 1080p then turning off your tv then back on. I've foundout that sometimes it'll pickup the 1080p resolution then.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure i know how to set it to 1080p. If i can, then where would i do that? I downloaded Ati's Catalyst 10.1 drivers, and i dont remember seeing anything that allows me to change it to 1080p. I have however set the resolution as high as it can go.

·
Registered
130 Posts
its one of the settings in ATI catalyst. go into CCC, click on display, configure i believe. its in one of the tabs. you will be able to set 1080p resolution

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks. im nowhere near my computer right now, so i wont be able to test out your suggestions right now. ill let you know how things go either way.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Set your resolution to 1920x1080 and the refresh rate to 60hz and that will be 1080p. If the TV still interprets the signal as 1080i, that's the TV's problem. As others have suggested, if you can't force it into progressive mode, try turning it off and on again to re-auto-sync.

And for future reference, descriptive thread titles are your friend .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After talking with the manufactureer of my TV and the video card, i found out that even though I have changed settings in the card, the TV will not suport it. I have an insignia NS-L46Q120-10A. I have someone coming from geek squad coming to take a look at it. Insignia insists that i should be able to get up to 1080p. The saga continues....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts