AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I’m not an expert and my English is not so good. Reading previous posts it seems to me that the safest way to pay auctions on Ebay is by using a credit card.

Please can someone tell me if I’m correct, and why? Can anybody of you write me a simple list of steps to follow for safe payment on Ebay? Do you think that it is more dangerous to buy from abroad (Italy in my case) rather then from US?

Since our hobby is so expensive and my income is so low, I would like to be sure of what I do.

Ciao! …and thanks for your replies!

Marta

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
First step when buying an expensive item on Ebay is to buy only from sellers with a lot of excellent feedback.

Pose a lot of questions to seller regarding the equipment so you have in writing their representation of product.

Don't buy if seller states in ad that item is being sold as is

Insist on a delivery method that includes insurance and requires a signature

Try to see if you can talk seller into using an escrow service or bid only on items that state they will use an escrow service

Paying with a credit card gives you some protection but the terms of the sale will probably be the determining factor if a dispute arises.

Lenny Eckian

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Seller has to agree to work with service.

With escrow you pay a third party for item. When you receive item you inspect merchandise and if it meets your expectations then you inform escrow service to release funds to seller. If item does not meet your expectations then you return merchandise and escrow service returns to you your funds. Check this link for specific information:
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...n&type=initial

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.