AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 32 inch HDTV and own a xbox 360 I am looking for a really cheap surrond sound system and I think i found one its a Zenith ZHD-311 .I just need to know if there will be any problems hooking up the xbox 360 to it. Becasue it doesnt have any HDMI outputs .If some one could just kinda give me some info on how that would all work i would appreciate it! thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you're looking for one of the cheapest systems you can buy, I've heard you can just use the analog (red and white) audio cables and get surround sound for Xbox 360, although I don't own one myself. You might want to check your manual. It should have some information on that.

You shouldn't have to worry about HDMI though. Last I heard the Xbox 360 doesn't even have HDMI capabilities, although I could be wrong on that.

·
Registered
180 Posts
MS has not release an HDMI cable for the 360 yet. IIRC the current line for 360s cannot support any form of HDMI adapter anyway, they may release future 360s to handle it, but as of right now even if there was a cable it wouldn't work. That is what I believe I read somewhere, can't remember where it was though

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.