AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this site was imensely helpful when I did my research for my 50" Fujitsu plasma 2 years ago. At that time, the Fujitsu and the Elite were about the same at the 50" level, but the 55 was not as good.

Now I am helping my friend fill his new living room and my research is out of date. He is forced to keep it in a corner due to a fireplace, windows and a large entrance to the dining room. The room is huge about 15 by 20 and has high ceilings.

He's looking to put it on a stand and have the couch flat against the back wall 20 feet away. Given the angle, I don't thin an RP will work, so Ive convinced him to get a larger plasma/LCD.

Is the 55" fujitsu any better or should he limit his choice to the other models?

Does the Bravia compare to the other 2?

Would you think about a 60 given the size of the room?

Any input would be appreciates, I don't think he is really constrained by cost

Thanks!

· Registered
68 Posts
Fujitsu makes an awesome panel. Can't go wrong there. Why can't he mount it over the fireplace? That's where I mounted mine. Is the fireplace made of stone that's uneven?

Since the plasma is going to be 20ft away, you don't need to spend that kind of money on a top quality panel. Stay away from Sony. Go with Pioneer or Panasonic.

· Registered
5,603 Posts
the new 8g pioneer 5080 should be out next month at msrp of $3500. should easily beat the fujitsu and sony in pic quality.

· Premium Member
18,330 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan /forum/post/0

.....I am helping my friend fill his new living room and my research is out of date. He is forced to keep it in a corner due to a fireplace, windows and a large entrance to the dining room. The room is huge about 15 by 20 and has high ceilings.

He's looking to put it on a stand and have the couch flat against the back wall 20 feet away. Given the angle, I don't think an RP will work, so Ive convinced him to get a larger plasma/LCD. Is the 55" fujitsu any better or should he limit his choice to the other models? Does the Bravia compare to the other 2? Would you think about a 60 given the size of the room? Any input would be appreciated, I don't think he is really constrained by cost

I would think that if he's considering a Fujitsu or Pioneer Plasma then he might not be happy with even a good LCD TV either and would instead be willing to spend more money on a good Plasma. 20 feet is really far away and i'd be more inclined to narrow the choices down to something like a 60" Pioneer or a 55" Fujitsu or a 58" or 65" Panasonic. PQ at that distance probably won't really be an issue as much as overall screen size is so go big

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.