Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a little help/ advice guys.

i presently have:

- a Hughes D* Dual tuner receiver with Tivo that's hacked and has 150 hour recording capability

- an RCA 3810 HDTV, which has an HD D* BUILT IN receiver and built in OTA HD receiver (i already have a new rooftop antenna, which provides perfect reception on the locals - i'm in chicago area)

if i'm able to add the HR10-250 to my set up, what's the best configuration. I suppose i can relegate the dual tivo to my other tv and sell my replaytv. but i'm wondering about the new HR10-250 for regular SD recording. i read the menus are painfully slow. Plus, i'm unsure on the overall recording capacitiy? can you select the level of quality on the SD recordings? i've read a few reviews and didn't see anything on this. I'm not sure how these numbers crunch when factoring HD recording. I can do the math and see that 200 hours of SD recording is more than my current 150 :rolleyes: - but how's that work out with adding HD recording to the mix? What's an average baseball or hockey (if i could find a hockey game on HD this season!) game use up on HD?

Obviously i want it for HD recording.

another factor is the TV only has one component input, and 3 s video inputs.

what do you guys think? should i just push my current box to the other tv and go strictly with the HR10-250?

or should i integrate the HR10-250 right into the mix with the current set up. then i'd have 4 reg tuners, 2 HD and 2 OTA on for one TV -

thanks so much!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Edderias: The Direct TV Tivo units only record at one speed they don't allow the user to change the speed/quality of the recorded video. But the recorded content is digital no analog conversion before it is written to the hard drive.

Good reference of difference between Tivo Branded vs. Direct TV tivo is on the weaknees website.

Under the tivo buying guide.

Don't know if this is a big factor in your decision. Good luck in your research.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks- what's the web address for that?

also- any ideas on how 200 hours breaks down when some is consumed by HD content?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.