AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Philips is making an 100" tv. I think its plasma but not sure. Its supposed to be $20,000 when it comes out. Thats about as much as a porsche. Thats way to expensive so hopefully it comes down in price sometime after it comes out.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdfanboy /forum/post/0

Philips is making an 100" tv. I think its plasma but not sure. Its supposed to be $20,000 when it comes out. Thats about as much as a porsche. Thats way to expensive so hopefully it comes down in price sometime after it comes out.

Can someone tell me where I can get a $20,000 Porsche?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I sent a link on the story a few days ago. I thought it was crazy for anyone to buy that behemoth...spend 2G's on a great system, and pocket the other 18...then again, there's a lot of people out there who are more well off, and think nothing of a purchase like that...oh well.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
I find $20K quite low (for now) considering the Panny 103" MSRP is $59K. The LG 71" was just lowered to $15K having been up around $70K. The Sony 70" LCD will be $33K. I would expect the delivery installation and setup could cost well over $1K considering it's weight and size it seems you'd need a pro crew. My 57" Sharp was a PITA at 164 lbs and had to get a custom cut Lexan table top to support it - so Imagine what a 100"+ panel will weigh.

These prices are for the top 5% that get bonuses like the Goldman Sachs crew Xmas Bonus that averaged over $600K and other firms/professionals. Drive along the Florida Coastline and the endless multi-million dollar Hi-Rise Condo's and estates as just a small sample to see they are not the worker bee's and those prices are pocket change for them.

Us worker bee's settle and wait for price drops. A 100" panel today would be a bargain at $20K except for the lower 95% of wage earners. Don't get me wrong my wife and I earn a good living and in the top 15% but there is a huge gap between even them and our level. I'm grateful for the prosperity we do have and wait for the larger panels to drop to my budget level.

·
Registered
47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdfanboy /forum/post/0

The cheapest Porsche, the Boxster, is about $45,000. A loaded Toyota Corolla costs $20,000 new. What world do you live in?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.