AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My MyHD card works nicely except I can't do full screen mode (the HD button).

My setup...(or at least the things that matter)

Raedon 7200 (9009 driver - has been working great for everything else)

MyHD card

Using the passthrough cable

Key Digital VGA -> Component transceiver

Panasonic PT-56WXF95A RPTV (it does both 720P and 1080I)

I have all kinds of nice dektop resolutions working using Powerstrip including 1280x720p, 1920x1080i - which both work perfectly (with a little overscan)

I start MyHD in a window and it works nice. I can stretch the overlay window fullscreen and it looks very nice. (well, of course unless I have an interlaced desktop, because the issues with the Raedon and interlaced and overlay)

BUT...as soon as I try to go to fullscreen mode (using the HD button) it looks like the TV can't synch to the signal. I have tried selecting 720x480p, 1280x720p, and 1920x1080i in the MyHD config panel and none of them work. (I have RGB output selected of course)

If I start in 1280x720p and have the MyHD set to 720P output, as soon as I switch to fullscreen, it just scrambles the screen - you can tell its close to the correct synch, because it doesn't do the clicking sound like when you switch between modes...if I set the MyHD to 1080I output - it switches scan modes (like it should) but still the display is garbled?

I have looked, but I haven't found anybody else having this problem...

I have tried to mess with dip switches 4 and 5 on the Key Digital with no help either.

I am about to buy a VGA to BNC cable and see if I can skip the passthrough - but then I will need a component video switch so I didn't really want to do it that way...

Thanks for any advice/help

Dan

PS - Digital Connection folk - I sent an email about this problem to [email protected]

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I have had similar problems with DLp projector. In my case I find a station putting out ture HDTV and then switch to the DLp. Then most of the time I can switch to the SD station with the proper settings.

This seems to work most of the time-but not always.

Joel

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After checking out problems people had with HiPix and the Key Digital, I bought a VGA->BNC cable and the fullscreen HD mode works fine now...

Looks like its time to upgrade to a receiver with component video switching......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.