AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of posts are about which speaker should I BUY, how about which one should I SELL?

I have a pair of Klipsch RB5-II and a pair of RB75 both are in my closet not being used I am going to set one pair up in my office I cant decide which is the one.

RB5-II is a pretty smooth decent balanced (for Klipsch) speaker yet it is pretty bass shy it is not great by any means but for an office system in a small room it may be ok

RB75 looks much nicer has way more bass but not quite as refined a little more in your face if you will probably more detailed

Funny thing is I am not really overly concerned with the sound quality in my office and am thinking I should just sell the pair that will net me more $$$ and that my friends is the problem

On one hand the RB75 should easily sell for more BUT it has some cabinet damage one corner is seriously banged up (my dog knocked it off its stand) I cant say if it affected the sound or not as it is a ported design so its not like, its not air tight any more

The RB5-II are damn near mint.

So what say you?

·
Registered
16,876 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrat /forum/post/14292061

I have a pair of Klipsch RBII............

I assume you mean the RB5-II. They were the predecessor to the RB-75 and I "think" they are generally considered to be the better speaker. Ask over at the Klipsch forums.

Links for anyone interested:
RB5-II
RB-75

Quote:
Originally Posted by remodeler /forum/post/14294491

sell the almost mint pair.

I agree.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadselim /forum/post/14294580

I assume you mean the RB5-II. They were the predecessor to the RB-75 and I "think" they are generally considered to be the better speaker. Ask over at the Klipsch forums.

Links for anyone interested:
RB5-II
RB-75

I agree.

Damn good catch, yes that is exactly what I meant RB5 II

1 - 5 of 5 Posts