AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my new 5040 that I ordered from RTV's site and when I take the unit out of the box what do I hear?

A loose screw rattling around inside!!!!!

Now I dont want to waste time to send it back so I just took the case off and removed the screw but does this mean I am screwed (pun intented) with the warranty?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
New to you, maybe, but I don't think you are the first to have this (with teh Replay or any other consumer product!).

Anyway, YES you have voided the warranty.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree it is not new, my second 4504 came with one of the hard drive mounting scews rolling around inside the case but that was OK since after I verified it worked, I upgraded to a bigger hard drive anyway, so warranty, what warranrty?

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
If you PM Lyndon with your specific circumstances and the serial number of the unit, he may--out of the goodness of his heart--flag your unit so it is still under warrantee. I recall someone on the board getting a unit whose cover wasn't on correctly and Lyndon arranged that he could open it and re-seat the lid properly and not have his warrantee voided. I PM him ASAP.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Yeah, not new to me either. I got a 3k with something loose inside. Turned out a year later I discovered it was one of the clips that is used on the power jack... nice.

At the time the unit arrived I called SB and reported the problem. Good thing I did that, because a year later the power jack would be hanging out the back. I called SB again sighting the previous call, and was lucky enough to get a RMA and they were going to handle the shipping, it did come to me in that state. So... days go by and I hear nothing. Turns out that the guy I was dealing was laid off, just like Lyndon and the rest of the Oregon staff.

I now had a bad replay and was now dealing with the just instated India call center. After days of trying I had no luck. I fired off an email to Greg Ballard the CEO of SB. To my surprise Greg emailed me back the next morning with his word it would be takend care of. Lyndon was back, he took care of the return. I got a new (refurb) 3030 and it sat in my garage for a few months while I figured out what to do with it. When I finally hooked it up it has a AV sync issue. I guess there are no more 3ks being shipped from DNNA and that the only option now is a 4 or 4.5k box.

I still haven't decided what to do about this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.