AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's a 18 inch by 4 inch circular "Chinese (how appropriate)" John Boos Chopping Block. Next step is to get a set of Mapleshade Audio Heavyfeet with spikes....

Automotive tire Home appliance Audio equipment Kitchen appliance Gadget

Wood Wood stain Cylinder Composite material Rectangle

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Why?

Reactions: T1G8RS_FAN

·
Registered
294 Posts
why? the wooden base (or solid paving stone etc etc) is required because it is down firing. cement under carpet or not carpet and d/firing do not work that well.

spikes? no idea

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not into a bunch of esoteric tweaks....but this makes sense to me. this is from: Free Upgrade Advice Shortened for brevity..

"Any subwoofer mounted on factory rubber or plastic feet, or placed on carpet without spikes, will have better punch and definition with spikes that drain the speakers vibrational energy, not into the problem floor, but into heavy Maple Plinths rigidly mounted above the floor via our brass footers."

Since no one offers platforms made for cylinder style subs, I found these chopping blocks that look great IMO

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
why? the wooden base (or solid paving stone etc etc) is required because it is down firing. cement under carpet or not carpet and d/firing do not work that well.

spikes? no idea
i have mine in my basement as well and don't have any problem whatsoever. That's the reason the PC4000 came with the soundpath feet. I think you are over thinking things...but it looks nice, probably just unnecessary
Flooring Road surface Wood Grey Floor
Property Building Interior design Floor Flooring

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
He gone lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts