AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from a friend's HT. I went over to try and help straighten out a problem he's having...this is an Ampro 3600, but may pertain to other pjs, I don't know.

His guns don't seem to be cutting off when they go through they're return cycle (Horizonal blank time?)

What we see when looking into the Blue tube (in picture mute mode) is a dim raster and several brighter, curved lines.

Then I looked into the Green and it's doing it also, only dimmer, Red is also do it, and again even dimmer.

So I had thought that this might be incorrectly adjusted G2 settings...however we can turn the G2 settings on the neck boards (R2) all the way down and it's still happening.

The only time you can see this is when the pj is trying to shut the tubes either all the way off, or most of the way off (as in most of the movie "From Hell")

Any ideas???

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
The "Sub-Brightness" and "Sub-Contrast" levels are set too high, likely to compensate for well used or weak tubes. Thats my guess anyway. Use the Help menu to find the codes for adjusting these levels. I think its Code 95 but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Paul, we ahd also turn Sub-Bright and Sub-Contrast down, on the blue we had Sub Bright as low as 34...however, while ownly his Green tube is showing wear, he does think these tubes are pretty old. (Chassis has about 24,000 hrs on it)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.