AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Cool, although I'd wonder about signal quality.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, they call it an SVGA cable implying it can handle higher resolutions. And my experience with L-Com is that they produce good products. But I agree - it looks like that little breakout cable isn't shielded, and it doesn't take much of an impedance mismatch to cause ringing.

Still, it's very likely better than making one yourself, which would be the only other option for some folks.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
djs: I agree it's better than a handmade and I understand it can handle higher resolutions. My VGA experience, though, is inadequate cabling tends to yield a bit of a blurry image. That's why I fear the image quality. It's one thing to carry high resolution, but another thing to carry it well.

Mark

·
Super Moderator
21,566 Posts
I tried one of these cables today in my setup: 15 foot length: I connected it in place of a standard SVGA cable (also from L-com) and saw no difference in PQ on a Mits LT-3020 LCD from a PC

I looked at the master display pattern from Displaymate and some T2 (WM9 DVD)

the low profile disconnect looks a bit fragile but it does make running a VGA cable through tight spots a lot easier ( take care to run only the female section of the low profile adapter through the wall or conduit so you don't damage the mating pins)

if they had a similar thing for a DVI cable- or an adapter for HDMI, which is smaller, I would be all set!:)

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perhaps we should let L-com know that there is a market for DVI cables like this. There have been quite a few folks here asking for such a cable.

·
Super Moderator
21,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by djs
Perhaps we should let L-com know that there is a market for DVI cables like this. There have been quite a few folks here asking for such a cable.
Good idea

btw- they also have a field installation SVGA HD15 jack- they offer bulk SVGA cable-Double Shielded with (3) 75 ohm coax lines and an adapter that terminates the cable via a terminal block: the VGA connector can be wall mounted on an included surface plate

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Harder to do with DVI, but worth asking about.

DVI is very timing sensitive, VGA is not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.